Re: CMake build anyone?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CMake build anyone?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:33:59 +0200

>From what I heard, CMake is an interesting tool and we may consider
using it for Emacs.  But the way I see it, it only really makes sense to
do that if it can be used for "all" platforms and/or if it can be used
to reduce the amount of stuff to install (e.g. in Windows).

So unless CMake can be used to make it easier to install Emacs on
Windows, I think it'll have to wait until cmake is likely to be
installed on most unixy systems.  I.e. don't hold your breath.

        Stefan