Re: CMake build anyone?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CMake build anyone?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:32:58 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> As I said, I think it's a good idea, but Emacs being what it is, it'll
> probably only end up doing it many years from now (just like it took
> ages for Emacs to adopt ANSI C, and to fully make use of autoconf).

That's probably for the better anyway, as there's currently no obvious
winner among the "new gen build systems," and all have their problems.
Maybe in a few years, there will be more of a consensus (perhaps someone
will do what Linus did with git -- get sick of the whole sordid mess,
and finally do it right).

-Miles

--
Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.