Re: rename and clean unexec.c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: rename and clean unexec.c
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:39:49 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:18:02 -0400
>
> I am not sure why are so opposed to this.

Not "so opposed", just opposed.  I'm opposed in principle to every
cosmetic change that doesn't have a very good reason.  That's because
such changes obscure real code changes and make forensics harder.

> Let me repeat the arguments.
> We have a generic function "unexec", most programmers would look for
> the normal implementation in unexec.c, but that's the wrong place for
> everyone, except you.

I don't expect anyone to look at unexec, unless they already know
quite a lot about it, including the fact that different ABIs need
different versions of it.