Re: experiences running a Hudson CI server on the Emacs codebase

From: joakim
Subject: Re: experiences running a Hudson CI server on the Emacs codebase
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:44:58 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:39:28 +0200 address@hidden wrote:
>
> j> I guess my email was a bit truncated. I think the bzr bugs have since been
> j> fixed, but with a vanilla Fedora setup you will experience them. Someone
> j> setting up a similar build environment will hopefully now know to
> j> install a newer bzr which isnt default in current Fedora.
>
> j> My Hudson has now done 121 Emacs builds, the last ones have not had bzr
> j> issues since ive upgraded bzr.
>
> If you send me your setup I can try putting that up on a public server.
> I was going to do a BuildBot but it seems like Hudson is a better choice
> based on the Bazaar integration.  I'll also document the steps I took so
> others can follow them.

I'm going to try to make my server public as well, I'm going to get a
100mbit line soon hopefully.

Anyway, heres what I have:
- Stock fedora 12, but install a newer bzr from rawhide
- Install Hudson from the Hudson yum repos
- Install the Hudson bzr plugin
- Configure a "free form" project in Hudson
- trigger build by poll bzr every 30 minutes
- ./configure && make -j4

I havent looked at it in a while, but now I see that it was 11 days ago
I had a sucessful build. The build fails on:

org/org-docbook.el:76:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
org-make-overlay

so aparently my build command isnt robust.

--
Joakim Verona