Eshell broken - piping?

From: Wojciech Meyer
Subject: Eshell broken - piping?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 02:09:39 +0100

Hi,

I've noticed that examples from the wiki + sample command from comments
in Eshell source code don't not work anymore, e.g:

cat eshell-io.el | wc -l # taken from source code

just hangs (probably wc -l is waiting for input)

for i in 1 2 3 { grep -q a b && *echo has it } | wc -l #
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eshell/Known-problems.html

does not work either.

Is it something you are aware of, or maybe it used to work but broke on
the way? (I can do bisecting at some point, but before this I would like
to know if that worked for somebody)

TIA

Wojciech