Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:02:31 +0200

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 13:56, Uday S Reddy <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> If people like Xah Lee or Lennart have to fork Emacs
>> in order to make it suitable to groups of users, then Emacs hasn't
>> lived up to its challenge.
>
> That's one possible interpretation. I don't think it is necessary to
> fork Emacs to make it appealing to Windows users, for example.
> Improvements can be made, of course.

My intention has not been to fork (though you seemed to believe that,
Juanma). Instead I have made quite a lot of patches to show it is
working. Then I thought the changes would be adopted (since there are
quite a few users of my patched version, at least before).

The problem is that it is very hard to get them accepted. Thousands of
users using them without trouble does not seem enough.

Another  problem is that this kind of trouble has taken too much time.
(Not only my time.)