Re: rename jit-lock-function jit-lock-from

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: rename jit-lock-function jit-lock-from
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 06:11:50 +0200

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 06:05, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> To be fair, even in those cases, I think most current uses of a
> "-function" suffix in function names are confusing.

I dislike them, too.

My point is that this is not a bug on jit-lock-function, but something
pervasive. Changing it would require introducing a bunch of obsolete
aliases, for little gain. IMHO the best thing to do is adding a note
to the coding guidelines stating what to do (perhaps the
-default-function you suggest, though I don't much like it either),
and let the current uses languish and disappear.

    Juanma