Re: The copyright issue

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The copyright issue
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:48:04 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
> Even that is not quite the case.  Almost none of the Aquamacs changes
> have even been proposed for inclusion here.  Some might be acceptable,
> but we'll never know as long as there's no desire to merge them...

I do think it's important to note that Aquamacs is basically a pretty
friendly port.  I get the impression that the reasons it hasn't really
fed back into mainstream Emacs so much is more out of a sense that the
changes are a little too mac-specific/kludgely-implemented (perhaps
along with a lack of time to clean things up).

[I could be wrong, of course, but that's the impression I get anyway...]

-Miles

--
Barometer, n. An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we
are having.