Re: vc-mode-line

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: vc-mode-line
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 06:59:12 +0200

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> Whatever you decide, please consider allowing for some colorized
> clue. Associating background faces to VC states, for instance, so the
> user can customize "green for unmodified, red for modified" etc.

I experimented a bit assigning a face to the text inserted into the
modeline by vc-default-mode-line-string. The result is great, IMHO.

It's trivial to make a patch for adding a configurable face for each VC
state. The question is: should they default to the current face, so the
modeline looks the same way as it does now, or should I use some
imagination and choose some (possibly horrible) defaults?