Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 10:39:54 +0100

Richard Stallman writes:

> It is not that we can't -- it is that we won't.  Our goal is to
> eliminate nonfree software, not enhance it.

Ok, I understand the revolutionary aspect of the project (which I
might not have fully understood before).

But there are two further questions:

- What is the best way to live in the mixed economy until the
revolution succeeds?  If I understand correctly, Aquamacs *is* free
software, but its level of cooperation with proprietary software might
be different from Gnu's.

- The copyright problem also seems to block Gnu from absorbing, or
even partrnering with, other fully free software (with no question of
any nonfree software).  I have in mind all the stuff on nongnu.org.
Your statement above isn't addressing that issue.

Cheers,
Uday