Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 06:00:59 -0400

    Do you mean "In my perfect world Hurd would be what Linux is?" or Hurd
    would give an extra advantage?

My reading is that, in his perfect world, the GNU Hurd would have the
popularity that Linux currently enjoys.  He did not state for what
reason or motive the users of that world would have chosen it.
But we can presume that, if the Hurd were this popular for a long time,
the community would make it work very well.

If I could ask a genie to grant me one wish for free software, it
would not be about the popularity of the GNU Hurd, or even the
popularity of the GNU system.  I would wish for all software users to
have freedom and value freedom.