Re: compiling with -Wwrite-strings

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: compiling with -Wwrite-strings
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 23:23:43 +0200

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 22:15, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Most are easy to fix: just use "const char*" instead of "char*" for
> function arguments, variables, struct fields, etc.

BTW:

font.c: In function 'font_parse_xlfd':
font.c:997: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
font.c:1000: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
font.c:1007: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
font.c: In function 'font_parse_fcname':
font.c:1319: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
font.c:1455: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
font.c: In function 'font_unparse_fcname':
font.c:1645: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

> Help doing this would be appreciated.

If it is still needed I'll try to tackle this once I'm back (Aug, 18).

    Juanma