Re: The copyright issue

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The copyright issue
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:06:38 +0900

> Project leaders (in free software and elsewhere) are usually
> strong-willed people. It's no surprise they have admirers and
> detractors. Why should Linus be different?

I know there are a lot of downright jerks / tyrants in the FOSS world,
and maybe if you see some of Linus's flamey email out of context, and
without actually having worked with him, it might be easy to make the
mistake of tarring him with the same brush.

But I think that would be kind of unfair, since in truth he's not an
asshole, nor is he unfair or hard to work with.

[... and I say that as someone who generally has very little tolerance
for jerks / tyrants... I'll quit a project before I'll put up with an
asshole leader.]

-Miles

--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'