Re: Watchpoints for emacs lisp.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Watchpoints for emacs lisp.
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:00:24 +0200

> I have a little misunderstanding.
> How can I call the debugger from the C code ?
> How can I find out whether I should call the edebug or simply the old
> debugger (debug) ?

C code cannot call Edebug since Edebug only applies to Lisp code.
As for calling `debug' there are various ways to do that, one of them is
to call the function stored in the variable `debugger', i.e.

  val = apply1 (Vdebugger, arg);

but it's usually not needed/desired (most of the time, the better
option is to signal an error, which can then in turn trigger the
debugger depending on debug-on-error and such).

        Stefan