Re: vc-mode-line

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: vc-mode-line
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:43:41 +0200

David House <address@hidden> writes:

> On 5 August 2010 23:38, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Whatever you decide, please consider allowing for some colorized
>> clue. Associating background faces to VC states, for instance, so the
>> user can customize "green for unmodified, red for modified" etc.
>>
>> I guess that asking for images would be too contentious ;-)
>
> For a while now, I've been using the following customization to
> display a green circle for an unmodified file and an orange square for
> a modified one (versus the repository, I mean):

That's what psvn.el does. I prefer to colorize the VC text, as it is
more easily customizable and adaptable to more states (`conflict' is one
that specially interests me.)

> It relies on the attached two PNG images [snip].

psvn.el doesn't need external image files. It builds the icon with a few
lines of code. Look for svn-status-state-mark-modeline-dot on psvn.el
The file is available from here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/client-side/emacs/psvn.el