Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:20:59 +0200

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 17:59, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> What I have said is that
> it seems better to use the windows key since I believe it is fair to
> assume it is not used that frequently by most users.

The following Windows-key combinations are reserved in one or more
Windows releases: b, ctrl-b, c, d, e, f, ctrl-f, g, h, l, m, shift-m,
p, r, t, u, v, f1, pause, shift, space, tab, ctrl-tab, 0-9, shift-0-9,
ctrl-0-9, alt-0-9, alt-enter, home, up, down, left, right, shift-up,
shift-left, shift-right, +.

And, when using some programs (like OneNote, etc.): x, esc,
kp-subtract, -, n, s.

Many of them do quite useful things, see for example
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_7#Keyboard_shortcuts

So, in which world is the Windows key "not used that frequently"?

    Juanma