Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 01:30:22 +0200

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 22:32, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Windows users couldn't care less about what Emacs does on all the other
>> platforms.
>
> Don't try to speak for all Windows users, please.

Are we going the all-or-nothing route here? Again?

Try explaining to someone that a tool he is supposed to use for hours
every day doesn't follow his platform's standards because it supports on
other platforms too. Do you think that would be an unfair response from
him to say "so what? I'm working on *this* platform"

>> On standard Windows applications, if you press and release Alt, the menu
>> is activated.
>
> Including Emacs, if you set w32-pass-alt-to-system.

What's the variable enabling the usual Windows behavior of Alt+SPC?

Seriously, on this topic I'm happy with what Emacs does now, but this is
not about my personal preferences, but about if adding an option for
turning the Windows key into Meta would be appreciated by some users.