Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 01:53:12 +0200

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 01:30, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Try explaining to someone that a tool he is supposed to use for hours
> every day doesn't follow his platform's standards because it supports on
> other platforms too.

Do you use Emacs on Windows? How so? Were you able to overcome the
apparently unsurmountable problem of Emacs "not following [your]
platform's standards"?

The amount of problem, and the lack of adaptability of Windows users,
are being wildly overstated.

> Seriously, on this topic I'm happy with what Emacs does now, but this is
> not about my personal preferences, but about if adding an option for
> turning the Windows key into Meta would be appreciated by some users.

No. Nobody is against an *option*, so it's not about that.

    Juanma