Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:48:45 +0100

On 8/13/2010 9:32 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:

Windows users couldn't care less about what Emacs does on all the other
platforms.

I wouldn't go that far. Emacs is a cross-platform software and it is valuable that it is so.

The keyboard is a limited resource. Conflicts are likely to arise when cross-platform software is used on multiple platforms. Emacs may not be able to look seamless on each and every platform. That is life.

But, you and I probably agree that allowing Win key as meta can solve many of these problems. That should be an available option on Emacs. So, if Yidong and Juanma can come back and tell us how to make that happen, we would have made some progress.

Cheers,
Uday