Re: Selection changes in revno 100822

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Selection changes in revno 100822
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 19:49:15 +0100

On 14/08/10 16:59, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

For now, I fixed the Windows build by using x-get-selection-value in
preference to the primary selection.  This change is in revno 101080.

I did already suggest reverting the rebinding of mouse-2 to mouse-yank-at-click, but then adding a mouse-yank-selection-only (or other name) customization to it so that its side-effect on the kill-ring could be removed.

Then that could just be turned off for w32, instead of mangling what was the straightforward single-purpose mouse-yank-primary.

That would also have the advantage of preserving compatibility with third-party packages and other call sites of mouse-yank-at-click, and mean switching between new and "classic" (ahem) emacs behaviour would just be a matter of boolean customizations instead of customisation (easy) and rebinding (hard).

Sigh.