Re: Selection changes in revno 100822

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Selection changes in revno 100822
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:52:36 +0200

2010-08-16 09:09, David Kastrup skrev:
Jan Djärv<address@hidden>  writes:

2010-08-16 04:50, David Kastrup skrev:
Chong Yidong<address@hidden>   writes:

Eli Zaretskii<address@hidden>   writes:

     If you _see_ a selected region in Emacs (no matter how it was
     selected), it's available as the primary for pasting in other apps.

That's something I had in mid, too, so I very much agree.

Anyway, we can give this a try as the default.

Yes, let's do it!

OK, applied to the trunk.

Doesn't that imply that merely visibly selecting a region is sufficient
for pasting from one Emacs instance to another, but not from one Emacs
frame to another of the same Emacs instance?

Emacs handles asking for selections from itself, so you can paste
between frames in the same Emacs instance.

However, this isn't working correctly, I'm filing a bug report.

I have the suspicion that it has lost the selection already when it asks
itself for it.

No, that is not it. If I make a new selection in another frame without setting point, the old one gets pasted with mouse-2.

        Jan D.