Re: bzr smart server

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: bzr smart server
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:09:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> It used to be and that was the reason I didn't argue against bzr at the
>> time. Started to use bzr for my projects just because it treats Windows
>> as a first class citizen, become frustrated, tried MSYSGit again, it
>> worked, and ditched bzr for good. Now Git is what manages all projects I
>> work with, including Emacs, on GNU/Linux and Windows.
>
> I don't want to install MSYS.

I tend to avoid MSYS/Cygwin too, but the installer of MSYS-Git has
options for making MSYS invisible to the rest of the system. In essence,
it is out of the PATH. So the fact that Git is working on top of MSYS is
an internal implementation detail. It is not different from any other
self-contained application.

And you don't need to separately install MSYS for using MSYS-Git.