Re: bzr send workflow

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: bzr send workflow
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:14:25 +0900

Bojan Nikolic writes:

 > My idea was that in the first instance the bundles would be merged
 > by (a select group of) people.

Sure, and who do you mean by "people"?  Presumably Stefan, Yidong, et
al.  I don't think that having Stefan merge Eli's changes is efficient
use of anybody's time.  Use of bundles might make contribution by
occasional contributors more efficient, but I don't think it addresses
the problem that some core developers are bottlenecking on bzr/Savannah.

 > To reiterate the main benefit though: accepting "bzr send" bundles
 > means that people on even the slowest connections can contribute
 > easily and efficiently.  I've used these satisfactorily over slow
 > GPRS connections.

AFAIK Stefan et al are already as willing to accept merge directives
as any other form of patch.  It wouldn't hurt to advertise that
option, of course.  But I really don't think it's a solution to the
current bottleneck.