Re: Locks on the Bzr repository

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Locks on the Bzr repository
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:55:21 -0400

> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,
>         address@hidden,  address@hidden
> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 03:52:57 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> >> Would anyone here like to help work on Savannah?
> >
> > What kind of help is needed?
>
> If you're talking about Bazaar specifically, the Savannah thread is
> instructive, IMO. Eg:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2010-06/msg00011.html
>
>     ...the inital setup, [is] the easy part - what we're looking for
>     here is somebody willing to _maintain_ the service, including
>     handling user requests.

Thanks.

However, what exactly constitute the maintenance part seems not to be
explained anywhere.  The only thing I found was a list of task for the
initial setup.  Maybe I just missed it: after all, it's hard to read a
thread that has been dragging on for 2 months.

AFAIU, they are currently looking for volunteers to make the initial
setup happen.  In particular, Karl was near the end of doing that when
he resigned.  Again, I'm not sure I understood it all.