Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:15:13 +0200

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>> If you use anything, you have to try anything-M-x (<f5-a> M-x) that give
>> you history (easy to use, no need to know M-p/n) and describe commands
>> under point with C-z (without quitting M-x).
>
> I tried anything, but it does nothing.
>
> anything-M-x displays an empty list.  TAB displays the message
> "Nothing is selected".  C-z displays the message "No candidates".
> Do you have an idea what is wrong?

Nothing is wrong, start typing commands say dired-, after exactly two
characters typed (i.e "di") you will see completion.

choose a command in list and run it with RET, C-z to describe it.

When you have run command it is added in extended-command-history.
Next time you run anything-M-x, you will see your command appearing in
a buffer with header "Emacs commands history".

NOTE: There is no TAB menu in this command as it use anything-comp-read,
an "anything" completing-read that have a sole action like
completing-read (Two indeed with the possibility of a persistent action
i.e C-z).

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key: