Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:20:50 +0200

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>> And normal access to the history (as well as access using completion).
>
> Any reason why this is still not available in vanilla Emacs?
>
>> I made the point that the solution to the problem Juri described is
>> not to rename the commands but to use better completion
>> (e.g. substring, regexp, pcomplete, fuzzy,...).  That's the point.
>> It does not matter how you get better completion.
>
> Yes, better completion is what we need.  This includes pushing
> more likely completions to the top of the list.  But it seems
> in anything-M-x the sorting order of completions is random
> (at least, I can't deduce any logic behind the order of its completions).

No sorting is done in anything-M-x, i think it's not really useful, as
as soon you type some characters, all commands starting with these
characters go on top of list.

Regexp are accepted also, and if you have anything-match plugin enabled,
multi regexp completion is available (just enter a space in anything
pattern).

OTOH, last command used is always pushed on top of history, that mean
all recents commands are on top of list (doublons and not bounded
commands are removed).

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key: