Re: base

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: base
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:22:15 +0200

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 16:37, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> The maintainer of the Windows port hates Windows AFAIR.  I believe that
> he is doing quite a good job but does not radiate happiness all the
> while.

I can understand that.

I cannot understand his unwillingness to accept that many people are
just *users*, not developers, and his propension to give them a bad
time when they report bugs and ask (politely, often) about status of
features, etc.  "Fix it yourself" is good advice (if the person can
follow), but it shouldn't be a battle cry.

> That is somewhat different than the Windows port maintainers of Emacs.

I think I've missed the irony. Care to elaborate?

    Juanma