Re: base

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: base
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:38:20 +0200

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 16:37, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The maintainer of the Windows port hates Windows AFAIR.  I believe that
>> he is doing quite a good job but does not radiate happiness all the
>> while.
>
> I can understand that.
>
> I cannot understand his unwillingness to accept that many people are
> just *users*, not developers, and his propension to give them a bad
> time when they report bugs and ask (politely, often) about status of
> features, etc.  "Fix it yourself" is good advice (if the person can
> follow), but it shouldn't be a battle cry.
>
>> That is somewhat different than the Windows port maintainers of Emacs.
>
> I think I've missed the irony. Care to elaborate?

I did not intend any irony.  If you want to go looking for it, it may be
that git/Schindelin are doing a better job convincing people that
Windows is just not worth the trouble than Emacs/Stallman are.

A previous girlfriend of mine once was what one might call a party
smoker.  The last time I ever remember her smoking was at a party where
I picked up a cigarette for company or whatever.  That turned out not
pretty.

--
David Kastrup