Re: Inclusion of dbus-proxy

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Inclusion of dbus-proxy
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:59:09 -0600

>> However, a short note from the maintainers (Stefan? Chong?), whether the
>> code is worth to be added, would be great.

Chong> It looks interesting, and I'd like to add it; the question is whether to
Chong> add it to the main Emacs tarball, or to elpa.gnu.org.  If it is very
Chong> likely that many other parts of Emacs will make use of this package as a
Chong> piece of basic "infrastructure", it should go into the tarball.

Chong> If in doubt, we can add it to elpa.gnu.org for now.

Chong> What do you think?

It doesn't have to be either-or.

package.el was designed to support having a package be distributed both
in Emacs and outside.  This can't work perfectly (autoloads can change),
and for best results it requires a bit of hacking on the Emacs side.

Tom