Re: base

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: base
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:17:30 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:
 > > From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
 > > Cc: address@hidden,
 > >     address@hidden
 > > Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:48:02 +0900
 > >
 > > The other half isn't documented in the PEP.  It's SSH.
 >
 > What is the problem?  Doesn't Mercurial work with PuTTY's plink and
 > pageant, like Bazaar does?

Sometimes, and sometimes not.  Like Bazaar.  It appears that many
Windows users have great difficulty getting SSH connections to work
right.  As I say, I don't know that this is the VCS's job.

Personally the only time I used SSH on Windows was for CVS and rsync,
I installed Cygwin's OpenSSH, imported my key files and config file
from a nearby Debian box, both CVS and rsync worked the first time,
and then I forgot about SSH on Windows.  So it's not obvious to me
that it's a real problem, but some people worry about it (and there's
a thread on it on address@hidden every couple of months).