Re: Bug tracker messages

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Bug tracker messages
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:50:18 -0400

[ from emacs-devel; cross-post and followup-to help-debbugs ]

> Deniz Dogan wrote:
>
>> I think it would be nice if the e-mails from the Emacs bug tracker
>> provided HTTP links to the bug summaries of the affected bugs.

On reflection, I realize I don't know what you are asking for.

Are you talking about mails on the emacs-bug-tracker mailing list?
Eg http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-bug-tracker/2010-08/msg00114.html

If so, I think it will be too much work for too little gain to add
links to such messages.

Or are you talking about the mails that go to the bug list, eg
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2010-08/msg00682.html

If so, adding a footer to every message, eg:

  --
  See this message in context at http://debbugs.gnu.org/6923

would IMO be intrusive and not easy to do (because the message being
appended to could have an arbitrary MIME structure).

The best I could (probably) offer is an X-Debbugs-URL header or
somesuch. But probably no-one would think to look at it?