Re: Resizing images

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Resizing images
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:32:57 +0200

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 31 2010, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> This is dependent on the loader. Try a file format that gets loaded
>> with the imagemagick loader.
>
> This seems awkward. Why isn't everything loaded with ImageMagick, at
> least when emacs is compiled with it?

You can have several loaders compiled in at the same time. Configure
will normaly pick up all available libraries, so having more than one
loader able to load jpeg, for instance, is normal when imagemagick is enabled.

You can make the imagemagick support feign ignorance of particular image
types with imagemagick-types-inhibit, which by default has the value (C
HTML HTM TXT PDF).

There is currently AFAIK no way to change the priorities of the loaders.

In order to get the desired loader, change image-type-file-name-regexps,
or explicitly provide the loader when making the display spec:

(put-text-property 10 11 'display (list 'image :type 'imagemagick :file
"/home/joakim/my_scans/doc.djvu[1]"))

Clearly a better api will be beneficial. When I merged the patch I
focused on minimizing the breakage of other packages. Even so, Cygwin
and DOS builds broke. Now that most issues seem resolved, we can maybe
continue with improving the api.

--
Joakim Verona