Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 08:25:07 +0200

>> You search for "http emacs bzr trunk" and voilĂ :
>> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk
> There's an easier way: in .bzr/branc/branch.conf we have this line:
>   parent_location = ../trunk/

The parent branch of my main work branch is not "trunk", so while this
may work for your particular workflow, it won't DTRT for all workflows.

>> PS: As mentioned earlier, it requires internet access.
> The above way doesn't (for local branches).

Clearly, we can expect the user to have copy of the trunk in his local
repository, but Bzr doesn't make it easy for us to figure out its
local name in a reliable way.

I reported this problem to the bazaar list a while back for the specific
case of "bzr diff -rsubmit:", but it goes further indeed.

        Stefan