Re: Merging Finder into package mechanism

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Merging Finder into package mechanism
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 08:54:36 +0200

> A hash table is an optimization.  I think complete information about
> every package should be in the same place to help libraries to process
> package information instead of relying on two separate variables

I'd tend to agree, tho I don't think it matters that much for keywords.

While I'm here, keywords are good when you need to show a list of
"topics" to structure the set of packages, but we probably also need
a way to "search".  Problem is that we don't have a search engine in
Elisp, so we'd have to rely on an external tool for that.

        Stefan