Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 09:45:22 +0200

>> > There's an easier way: in .bzr/branc/branch.conf we have this line:
>> >   parent_location = ../trunk/
>> The parent branch of my main work branch is not "trunk", so while this
>> may work for your particular workflow, it won't DTRT for all workflows.
> But then what exactly is the definition of "ancestor"?  I took it in
> bzr terms for the current branch, but now it seems you had something
> different in mind.  What is it?

The same definition as the one for "-r ancestor:...", i.e. an ancestor
of the current revision is a revision that's part of the current
revision's history.

And what I want is the nearest ancestor that's on one of the branches
hosted in bzr.sv.gnu.org.  And for convenience's sake, I'd like this
ancestor to be described not by a revision-id but by a "branchname+revno".

        Stefan