Re: How do I use tags to go to begv_byte instead of BEGV_BYTE?

From: Wojciech Meyer
Subject: Re: How do I use tags to go to begv_byte instead of BEGV_BYTE?
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 22:36:09 +0100

Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> writes:

>>BTW: clearly I now see you are a maintainer of `etags' package and I
>>should contact you before I posted a patch, but just didn't think
>>about it. I might contact you with some more sooner or later. :)
>
> Don't worry.  I am not very active with etags.  Fortunately it needs
> little work, but nonetheless I have backlogs.  By the way, I could use
> some help in maintaining it.

Thanks. I am willing to improve it and if you have backlogs, please let
me know what kind of features, or fixes you would like to see in it.

Is it OK to contact you directly?

I think also it would be worth to talk to CEDET people.

There is also some mode called `OCamlSpot' by Jun Furus, I haven't
contacted him yet, but basically what he did specifcally for OCaml
*could* potentially reuse `etags.el' interface (and or merging some good
things from his work).  (and probably, we could generalise
etags). Moreover `OCamlSpot' idea could be reused somewhere else,
possibly with GCC... (there is `gcc-sense' thing I saw few months ago).

Just random ideas.

Thanks, and hope to speak to you soon!

Wojciech