Re: Arabic support

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Arabic support
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:48:29 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> No, not AFAIK.  We call the ScriptItemize API of Uniscribe with NULL
> as the 4th and 5th arguments, which AFAIU should disable reordering.
> Perhaps Jason could chime in and tell if I'm right here.

The documentation seems to imply that, but it looks like items[i].a.fRTL
is being set anyway according to how uniscribe thinks the direction
should be.

As well as removing the code that takes notice of the rtl flag and tries
to reverse the output, you will probably have to set
items[i].a.fLogicalOrder to 1 before calling ScriptShape to ensure
logical order output from ScriptShape.

--
Jason