Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:29:36 -0400

> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:09:57 +0800
>
> In practice I don't think any of the scripts that we use the shaping
> engine for lie beyond the BMP.

By "scripts that we use" you mean scripts supported by Uniscribe?
scripts supported by Emacs? scripts available on most Windows systems?
something else?

I do see some useful characters beyond the BMP, e.g. the 1DXXX block
for mathematical symbols, 1F1XX for parenthesized and circled Latin
letters, CJK Ideographs extensions in the 20XXX and 2AXXX ranges, etc.

Thanks.