Re: select-active-regions, Emacs not X

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: select-active-regions, Emacs not X
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:56:54 +0100

On 02/09/10 17:45, Andreas Röhler wrote:
Am 02.09.2010 17:15, schrieb Chong Yidong:
I don't think there's anything you can do. That setting should affect
not only Emacs, but any other X application, causing shift-selection to
copy into the keyboard. Any user that enables this behavior presumably
wants it.

Yes, who enables it.

In context, Chong Yidong was talking about the potentially relevant KDE klipper setting, not any emacs setting (and meant clipboard not keyboard as Stefan already pointed out).

Maybe it's not KDE-related though.

A screenshot of a possible KDE klipper configuration from my system:

http://i.imgur.com/omaek.png

Is yours different? In particular, is "Synchronise contents of the clipboard and the selection" turned on?

[Just in case, auf Deutsch: http://i.imgur.com/4kb97.png
"Synchronise contents of the clipboard and the selection" =>
"Inhalt von Zwischenablage und aktueller Auswahl angleichen"]