Re: Arabic support

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Arabic support
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:08:55 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> > Yes.  And auto-composition-mode cannot be turned off for any
> > scripts that it is not enough to display glyphs
> > corresponding to characters; they are all Indics, some East
> > Asians, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.

> Are you sure Hebrew belongs to this list?  What Hebrew characters need
> to be shaped together, but still displayed as separate glyphs (as
> opposed to the diacriticals which are composed into the same glyph
> with the base character)?

???  I didn't write such a thing.  What I listed are scripts
"that it is not enough to display glyphs corresponding to
characters".  More precisely, "... that it is not enough to
display glyphs corresponding to characters at normal
positions suggested by each glyph metrics.".

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden