Re: Merging Finder into package mechanism

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Merging Finder into package mechanism
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:45:36 +0100

> I agree that the prefixes are misleading.  Maybe the computed
> package--builtins variable should go into its own file, package-inf.el,
> with finder-inf.el used only for storing keywords.

Adding a third file (in addition to finder-inf.el and archive-contents)
would create more mess.  I think the clearest thing to do would be to
rename `package--builtins' in `finder-inf.el' back to its old name
`finder-package-info'.  Thus `finder-inf.el' will contain two variables
`finder-package-info' and `finder-keywords-hash' with the same prefix
`finder-'.

Or the other way around, rename both them to names with the `package-'
prefix because it's likely that keywords will be used in package's UI,
so they won't be specific just for the Finder anymore.