Re: Latest emacs master branch and message mode

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Latest emacs master branch and message mode
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 18:31:21 +0200

> With the master branch currently a message compose and message reply
> functionality is causing a vertical split of windows. Is there an option to
> disable that. So that compose and reply feature doesn't cause a
> vertical split and instead gives a full frame window ?

A brute force approach is to set `pop-up-windows' to nil.

If that badly affects your editing habits you can try to customize
`same-window-buffer-names' (which includes *mail* here so I'm a bit
surprised that this doesn't work for you) or `same-window-regexps'
(which already contains an entry for info buffers here so you should be
able to create a new entry for *mail*<n> buffers along these lines).

If you want to have more precise control, you would have to tell me more
about your editing habits first.

martin