Re: Blocking call to accept-process-output with quit inhibited!! [11 tim

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Blocking call to accept-process-output with quit inhibited!! [11 times]
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:41:05 +0200

> In Emacs 24, I get this message the first time I enter a Gnus group.
> What does it mean, and what can I do to make it go away?

It means just that: accept-process-output is called in a way that can
block (e.g. because some remote host doesn't respond) wit inhibit0quit
set to a non-nil value, which means that Emacs may end up frozen (with
no way to wake it up) for as long as the remote machine decides not
to answer.

IOW, maybe there should be a (with-local-quit ...) somewhere so that the
user can C-g out of such a state (or the call should have a timeout, or
inhibit-quit should not be set, ...).

        Stefan