Re: Best way to intercept terminal escape sequences?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Best way to intercept terminal escape sequences?
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:32:41 +0900

Sorry, I have not read this thread.

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> As mentioned, read-event did not do obey keyboard-coding-system in
>>> earlier Emacsen, so any affected package is more likely to be fixed than
>>> broken by making a change that reverts to this previous behavior.
> > Handa, could you take a look at the feasibility of moving the
> > decode_keyboard_code to a later stage such that read-event still returns
> > raw bytes for ttys?

> ping?

"... read-event still returns raw bytes" means that you
can't get, for instance, A-ogonek event by read-event (or
read-char) even if you type A-ogonek from a terminal.  I
don't remember well but one reason of moving
keyboard-coding-system handling from keymap to the current
place was to make read-event on tty work as the same way as
that on graphic terminal.  So, I think we should not change
it.

Is it difficult to make new functions, say tty-getc and
tty-ungetc, to handle responsding escape sequences sent from
terminal?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden