Re: Blocking call to accept-process-output with quit inhibited!! [11 tim

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Blocking call to accept-process-output with quit inhibited!! [11 times]
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:30:02 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> sorry, the recipy should look more like this:
>
> - start gnus, make sure you read some nntp groups so nntp sockets are
>   open
> - make your network interface go away somehow (disconnecting 3g or
>   something, but simply ifconfiging away should also work)
> - press "g" in the gnus group buffer
> - stare in horror as your emacs freezes

Are you absolutely sure that it's the nntp connection that causes it?
It doesn't inhibit quit anywhere...

To test that, try doing the same, but instead of `g', eval the
following:

`(nntp-request-list "your.server.name")'

That shouldn't do any name lookups (which I've experienced hangs with)
or the like, but just try to use the open socket, which you should be
able to `C-g' out of.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen