Re: Structural regular expressions

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Structural regular expressions
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:27:43 +0000 (UTC)

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Looks indeed like a useful idea. I suggest adding a new function
> argument PREDICATE to query-replace-regexp etc. (Think of the argument
> PREDICATE in completing-read.)

It can be a good start, but the feature in the E editor is more general
than search and replace. You can perform any operation on the selected
text. It's sort of like working on the narrowed part of a buffer, only
the narrowed part in this case consists of several separate ranges of
the same buffer (like all comments, etc.).