Google modules integration

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Google modules integration
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:23:43 +0200

Hi folks,

I recently wrote a couple of module, namely `google-maps' and
`google-weather', which retrieve various information from the Google
API.

Using this 2 modules, I wrote 2 extensions for Org mode, one adding
weather forecasts in the Org agenda, and another one adding the
possibility to show a Google Map for the location of an event from your
agenda.

This two modules have a small webpage describing them at:

     http://julien.danjou.info/google-maps-el.html

     http://julien.danjou.info/google-weather-el.html

Today, Carsten Dominik asked me to merge the Org parts of the above
extension into Org mode, something I'd be glad to see happen.

But to do the things correctly, that would mean the merge of the
`google-maps.el' and `google-weather.el' modules into Emacs core
packages. We do not want Org to rely on external sources and would like
to have this in the core functionalities of Org mode.

The question is, therefore, is there a chance that we could merge these
two extension into Emacs?

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <address@hidden>   http://julien.danjou.info