Re: [appt] allow specifying warning time in diary

From: Leo
Subject: Re: [appt] allow specifying warning time in diary
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:11:04 +0100

On 2010-09-09 09:54 +0100, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>> +Optionally you can specify a warning time (in minutes) for an
>> +entry following the time, for example:
>> +
>> +              Thursday
>> +                11:45am #20 Lunch meeting.
>> +
>
> I just caught up on this; wouldn't it be nicer to either use a real
> time value (#:20, allowing for #1:00 or #1:20), or postfix that with
> the units, rather than just assume minutes?
>
> Otherwise my standard set of reminders for events would be:
>
>   Thursday
>     11:45AM #180 #60 #15 I /am/ rather forgetful and love reminders.
>
> Regards,
>         Daniel

The syntax can be changed without too much effort. I wonder if
supporting a set of reminders (warning times) is a welcomed feature.

I am thinking something like this.

The last element in appt-time-msg-list, the warning time, can take a
list of times and for each but the last value in that list, it will warn
for a duration (say 15 minutes).

For my personal use single warning time is enough. My patch is to
address the issue that setting a good default value for
appt-message-warning-time is impossible.

Leo