Re: Google modules integration

From: Jeff Clough
Subject: Re: Google modules integration
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 06:12:00 -0400

If the concern is that Google won't like Emacs talking to it's servers,
rather than theorizing, can someone at the FSF get Google's take on
this?  I know there are a lot of hardcore Emacs users over there, so
finding the way to someone who can give an official answer shouldn't be
too difficult.  I seem to recall Brad Fitzpatrick
(http://www.bradfitz.com/) mentioning that he still uses Emacs for all
of his development over there.  If he won't do, the odds are quite good
that someone on this list either is or knows a member of the Church of
Emacs working there that would be willing to help us get a real answer.

Jeff

P.S.  I think the real danger in all of this is org-mode becoming even
more useful.  I already can't tie my shoes without it.  If it gets to
the point that I can add an appointment to my planner and hit two
keystrokes to insert a link that gives me a map and directions...

--
web:  http://www.chaosphere.com
Author of Genesys, a Free Universal Paper and Pencil RPG.