Re: Google modules integration

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Google modules integration
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:24:20 -0400

     > We should recommend that people not give Google Maps specific
     > addresses.

    Huh?  That's very close to recommending not to use the service!

I am surprised you say so, since I use Google Maps.  Instead of giving
an address, I request a town, then look around it and find where it is.

    E.g., if the addresses are public knowledge anyway (eg, the location
    of the FSF offices), what's the harm?  Perhaps "not give personal
    addresses" is what you mean.

I would rather not give any address unless I were going through TOR.

    This is grandstanding again.  Sure, the choir will use it, but we came
    to call the sick, not the healthy, right?

I don't enjoy being insulted.  If you make your point without insults,
I will read it.